EN|RU|UK
  100661

 23 killed in the military barracks collapse in Omsk, Russia. VIDEO

As of 10 a.m. July 13, all 42 military who were inside the building during the accident were found. 23 of them are dead.

As reported by Censor.NET, this was announced by RIA Novosti citing Russia's Defense Ministry.

"As of 10 a.m. July 13, all 42 military who were covered by the debris were found and pulled out. 23 of them are dead," the message reads.

Earlier Monday five soldiers were missing under the rubble and 19 were hospitalized, The Telegraph reports.

Read more: Record number of Russian troops deployed at Ukraine's border, Poroshenko says

The accident happened on Sunday evening in the village called Svetly near the city of Omsk, at a training facility for Russian paratroopers.

In footage shown on Russian television, soldiers formed a human chain to pass bricks and other debris from one to another in order to clear the mountain of rubble.

"Half of the heap has been cleared now," said acting commander of Russian paratroopers Nikolai Ignatov in remarks to Rossiya 24.

Teams of rescue workers, search dogs, and a plane with medical equipment from Moscow have been dispatched to the scene, along with military prosecutors.

A representative of the regional military investigation offices told the Interfax news agency that a probe has been launched into possible negligence.

A Kremlin spokesman said that President Vladimir Putin had been informed of the accident.

Read more: Putin claims sanctions do harm to economy

Omsk is about 2,200 kilometers (1,400 miles) east of Moscow.

A list of names of 15 victims published by Life News website showed male names with ages ranging from 18 to 24 years.

According to the defense military the 242nd training center where the accident occurred prepares junior specialists in the army, including drivers and mechanics for armored infantry vehicles.

 
 
 
 up