EN|RU|UK
  13246

 Two more "Ukrainian saboteurs" sent on remand in occupied Crimea. PHOTOS

The Simferopol court has sent two more "Ukrainian saboteurs" to custody in Russian-occupied Crimea.

As reported by Censor.NET citing RIA "Novosti," this was announced by the Kyiv district court of Simferopol.

"Two more persons involved in the preparation of sabotage attacks on Crimean infrastructure facilities following the instructions of Ukraine's Defense Ministry have been remanded in custody," the statement notes.

As Russian media put it, one of them, Oleksii Stohnii, is a colonel of the Chief Directorate of Intelligence of Ukraine, while the other, Hlib Shablii, is a Ukrainian officer.

крым

The so-called "Ukrainian spies" were arrested last week, which became known only on Monday. The court session was held behind closed doors. The chosen pre-trial measure provides for a two-month custody. Their link with the three previously detained saboteurs has been established.

крым

"All the five detainees are members of a subversive group operating in Sevastopol," a source told the news agency.

Read more: MoD denies capture of its agent in occupied Crimea, blames Russia for another lie

Earlier, the Russian FSB claimed the apprehension of "Ukrainian saboteurs" in Crimea on Nov. 9.

The detainees are said to be members of a "subversive group of the Chief Directorate of Intelligence of Ukraine" and accused of planning sabotage attacks on infrastructure facilities in Crimea.

In turn, Andrii Lysenko, Ukrainian MoD's spokesman, denied this information, saying no Ukrainian saboteurs had been sent to Crimea and the Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation was once again trying to spread a fake.

This is not the first case of capturing the so-called "Ukrainian saboteurs" in the occupied peninsula.
 
 
 
 up