In January this year, Krivdin was sent to the Donbas to serve in 'Oplot', the 4th battalion of 'DPR.'
Note: the process of signing a contract with the Russian army consists of several steps. The first and the most important one is to get a so-called 'reference' from a certain military unit with specification of the open vacancy. A candidate with a 'reference' visits the local military office and fills in the application form for a three-year contract in that military unit. Then the military office, based on the 'reference' and the candidate's application, carries out the required procedures (medical examination, profile filling in, etc) to enroll a soldier. Then contract serviceman is sent to the military unit location.
This is not the first case of mutation of Russian contract servicemen to militants of 'Novorossiya'. InformNapalm has published several articles on how Russian soldiers become 'DPR/LPR' militants. One of the most recent cases has been described in this material - "Russian Contract Soldier from the 7th Base Fights as 'DPR' Militant".
The abovementioned units of the 19th motorized rifle brigade and the 291st artillery brigade have been mentioned several times in the context of the 'Rostov-Ukraine assignments':
- 291st artillery brigade's "Tour of duty" from Crimea to Donbass
- Snipers of the Russian 19th Brigade Enlisted in 'Somali' Terrorist Battalion
- 'Drone Company' of Russian 19th Motorized Rifle Brigade. A story of their Ukrainian 'trip'
- 2S19 'Msta-S' Self Propelled Mortar from North Ossetia at the Border with Ukraine
- Combat Crews of MLRS BM-21 "Grad" of the 19th Motorized Brigade Identified along the Border with Ukraine
Information about the Russian invader Alexey Krivdin was added to the 'Myrotvorets' database.