"This is an award that will never be presented to politicians, officials and all those who make the final decisions. It cannot be bought or negotiated. Therefore, people who get this award are indeed the most deserving. They are examples of the great feats in the name Ukraine," Chairman of the Volunteer Board, volunteer Heorhii Tuka said.
The award is a silver order. Volunteers called on people on social networks and they gave their silver jewellery - silverware, and even very valuable and exclusive things.
"Well-known Ukrainian boxer Viacheslav Uzelkov gave us his silver medal, we melted Cossack and hetman coins. It is possible that by selling them we could get more money, but that was the idea - that the award is smelt from the things that have a special energy and we hope that it will watch over people who receive it," co-organizer of the award, volunteer Oleh Yanytskyi said.
Order of the National Hero of Ukraine is made in the shape of the stamp sign of the Holy Prince Vladimir the Great and in the form of a trident with a raised sword - a symbol of military valor - over the middle.
Photos by Myroslav Parkhomyk
The Order of the National Hero of Ukraine was received by the following soldiers:
1. Anatolii Adamovskyi, aged 51, Donetsk, Donbas battalion
2. Ivan Bubenchyk, 46, Lviv region, Dnipro-1 battalion
3. Mykhailo Vasiuta, 32, Lviv, 3rd tank company of the Armed Forces
4. Andrii Fitak, 36, Yavorov, 24 Brigade
5. Gavrilchak Roman, 31, Novoiavorivsk, 24th brigade
6. Mykhailo Lialia (awarded at the Lviv military hospital)
7. Oleksandr Holiachenko (posthumously)
8. Mykhailo Goriainov (posthumously)
9. Viktor Hurniak (posthumously), 27, Ternopil region, Aidar, 24th battalion
10. Vasyl Kindratskyi (posthumously), 52, Ivano-Frankivsk region, OUN battalion, battalion tactical intelligence company of the 81st airborne brigade
11. Ruslan Kornutych
12. Vano Nadiradze
13. Lubomyr Podfedko (posthumously)
Among the volunteers the awarded were given to:
1. Liliia Bolbat
2. Ivan Isaievych
3. Dmytro Lahunov (posthumously)
4. Natalia Nazar
5. Maksym Ovcharuk (posthumously)
6. Ihor Savryi
7. Vasyl Zadorozhnyi (posthumously)