This was stated by Markiian Lubkivskyi, Advisor to the Head of the Security Service on his Facebook page, as Censor.NET reports.
: Terrorist Reconnaissance Group Detained in the Luhansk Region
According to him, the gang was involved in the following crimes:
- firing from man portable rocket launchers MRO-A at a united military Commissariat of Ordzhonikidze and Frunze districts in Kharkiv (Sep 9, 2014) and an office of a volunteer organization at Lebedynska street (Sep 26, 2014);
- explosion at a railway track using an improvised explosive device on a bridge near the Novozhanove station of a South railway (March 31, 2015);
- attempted explosion of tanks with liquefied gas in a territory of a Kharkiv enterprise (Jan. 1, 2015);
- firing grenade launchers and portable rocket launchers at trains, organization of explosions at railway stations with the use of medium sticky mines.
As a result of the operation three Ukrainian citizens born 1980, 1981 and 1989 have been detained.
As a result of the investigative actions the location has been spotted, searched and an unprecedentally large arsenal of weapons seized, in particular:
- Vintorez and SVD sniper rifles (with 400 pcs of amunition);
- MRO-A man portable rocket launcher;
- Kalashnikov guns (with 1000 pcs of amunition);
- Makarov pistols, a silenced 6P9 pistol, and about two thousand units of amunition of different caliber;
- underbarrel grenade launchers (with 70 VOG-25 units of ammo);
- over wight kg of mines, TNT and plastic explosives;
- more than 80 grenades of different modifications;
- 240 detonators and other explosive equipment.
See more: SBU detained separatists with arms and ammunition in Odesa. VIDEO
During the questioning it was found out that the detained sabotage group repeatedly visited the Russian Federation. The fighters were recruited there, went through a thorough training at Russian GRU bases, in Krasnodar region in particular.
The detainees were notified of suspicion in committing crimes under by Art. 113 (sabotage), pt. 2, Art. 258 (terrorist act) and pt. 1, Art. 263 (illegal handling of weapons, amunition or explosives) of the Criminal Code of Ukraine.
The search for other groups members is ongoing.
Lubkivskyi also added that "all the latest resonant crimes in Kharkiv have been solved by the Security Service of Ukraine."