As reported by Censor.NET referring to Ukrainska Pravda, NABU Director Artem Sytnyk told a briefing on Friday.
He believes that the SBU first torpedoed the special operation of the NABU to expose a large-scale corrupt practice in the State Migration Service of Ukraine.
"The opportunity to complete the operation is lost. And now we can only assess the evidence that had already been collected when the operation was compromised," the official said.
Sytnyk is convinced that the SBU has actually sought to thwart not only this particular operation of the NABU but all other undercover investigations.
"That was the main goal of penetration into the safe office of the NABU. And this goal was also achieved - unfortunately, all the operations have been suspended. This is immoral," the agency chief said.
On Nov. 29, the press office of the State Migration Service reported detention of the NABU member - the son of the former member of the Party of Regions Yurii Boiarskyi - while trying to bribe First Deputy Head of the State Migration Service of Ukraine Dina Pimakhova. NABU later said that the PGO and SBU unlawfully intervened in the undercover operation. The SBU conducted a search and seizure operation in the NABU on the same day.
Read more: No NABU member faces detention, agency Chief Sytnyk says
Related materials: Apprehension of NABU detective