The prosecutor general named the following milestones achieved within a year of probes into crimes committed by Yanukovych-run crime ring:
- 380 persons have been charged with violence against peaceful protesters including murder. The courts currently hear cases against about 238 persons. Sentences against 49 individuals have already been passed;
- the bill on conviction in absentia allowed to conclude investigation of the crimes committed by Yanukovych and his associates and seize the stolen funds;
- Yanukovych stands trial for high treason;
- Yefremov stands trial for separatism;
- the indictments against Yanukovych, Zakharchenko, Yakymenko and Totskyi charged with giving the order to gun down peaceful protesters submitted to court;
- the probe into power grab has entered the home stretch;
- Ex- Justice Minister Lavrynovych was indicted;
"We intend to screen other possible participants in the constitutional coup," Lutsenko wrote.
The prosecutor general also stressed that today's major issue was insufficient number of judges which caused unwanted delays in trials.