EN|RU|UK
  20995

 Fire in Viktoria was most probably caused by electric appliances emergency system, - State Emergency Service

пожар детский виктория лагерь

The most probable cause of the fire in Odesa's Viktoria camp is the emergency system of electric appliances in a mentor's room.

As reported by Censor.NET citing Ukrinform, this was announced by Viktor Fedorchak, head of State Emergecy Service in the Odesa region during the meeting on the tragic events in Odesa's Viktoria children's camp.

"The most probable cause of the fire is the emergency system of electric appliances that were in room #4 on the ground floor of the same building - mentor's room," Fedorchak said.

He said that the fire extinguishing was hindered by late call about the fire, strong wind, impossibility of taking water from the fire water pool (it was only full by one third), low pressure in fire hydrants, large number of wooden houses, and a large distance to street fire fighting equipment - the fire fighters had to install the line outside of the camp, up to 800 meters.

Read more: Director of Odesa camp where three kids were killed in fire taken into custody for two months without bail

Three girls aged 8, 9, and 12 were reported dead in the fire that destroyed a building in Viktoria children's camp in Odesa. The bodies of two girls were found at the fire site, the third girl was announced missing. Some remains were later located at the fire site that might belong to the third girl, 12-year-old Snizhana.

The fire at Viktoria camp in Odesa erupted at 11:30 p.m. on Sept. 15. 150 children were staying in the camp, 42 of them in the building that caught fire. Major violations in fire alarm and extinguishing systems were revealed in the facility, despite significant investments in its refurbishing in 2016. The investigation into the tragedy that led to death of three children has been initiated, involving officials and firms. The director and the fire safety manager of the camp were indicted and detained.
Источник: https://en.censor.net.ua/n455813
 
 
 
 up