EN|RU|UK
  4437

 Poroshenko: Thanks to "school year" truce, no combat casualties reported for four days

порошенко

President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko says no combat losses among the Ukrainian military in the Donbas have been reported after the "school year" truce had been set four days ago.

Censor.NET reports citing Interfax-Ukraine.

Read more: No losses in Ukraine's army yesterday, 21 cease-fire violations recorded, - HQ

"Today is the fourth day without a single combat loss on the front," Poroshenko said Wednesday during the opening ceremony of a secondary school in the village of Navariv in the Lviv region.

The president stressed this was due to the "school year" truce that had been initiated by the Ukrainian side during the Normandy format talks.

As previously reported, the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission (SMM) recorded fewer violations of the cease-fire in the Donbas compared to the previous days.
 
 
 
 up