"Anti-terrorist operation units stick to the Minsk agreements and the "school year" truce introduced by the Trilateral Contact Group along the entire contact line in the Donbas at midnight Aug. 25. In turn, the "DPR" terrorists broke the truce shortly after it was declared," the Ukrainian side at the Joint Center for Control and Coordination in the Donbas said.
As reported, already in the second minute of the declared cease-fire, terrorists used small arms and heavy machine guns against ATO forces in the vicinity of Talakivka.
From 00:30 a.m. to 00:45 a.m. Aug. 25, the second cease-fire breach occurred as terrorists opened fire on the houses of civilians in Zaitseve. Fortunately, none of the locals suffered.
The Ukrainian Armed Forces did not yield to the provocations and kept their guns silent.
"Such criminal actions by illegal armed units testify to gross violations of the Minsk agreements, a daring reluctance to adhere to their commitments under the Trilateral Contact Group to observe the "school year" truce along the entire contact line, and the interest in further exacerbation of the conflict," the press service summed up.
As previously reported, a telephone conversation between the leaders of the Normandy format countries took place on Aug. 22. The parties came up with a joint statement in which they expressed support for the planned decision of the Trilateral Contact Group on the Donbas to call a truce on Aug. 25 in connection with the start of the school year on Sep. 1.
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko said he hoped for Russia's responsible position regarding the so-called "school year" truce.