This was announced by anti-terrorist operation HQ spokesman Anatolii Stelmakh, Censor.NET reports citing 112 Ukraine.
"Since the beginning of this day, two attacks against our positions have been recorded near the villages of Talakivka and Zaitseve. One of our servicemen died in combat outside Talakivka," Stelmakh said.
As previously reported, a telephone conversation between the leaders of the Normandy format countries took place on Aug. 22. The parties came up with a joint statement in which they expressed support for the planned decision of the Trilateral Contact Group on the Donbas to call a truce on Aug. 25 in connection with the start of the school year on Sep. 1.
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko said he hoped for Russia's responsible position regarding the so-called "school year" truce.