This was announced by the spokesperson of the Emergency State Service in the Odesa region Andrii Melnyk, Censor.NET reports citing UNIAN.
The ''101'' emergency service was reported of a fire at Pivnichnyi market located in the Suvorov district yesterday, at 6:29 p.m. The pavilions were burning.
The fire spread across 700 square meters. 10 firefighting units had been eliminating the fire. The fire was marked with a high danger rate.
Two patrol police officers suffered during the evacuation of people from the market. They were poisoned with carbon monoxide, Odesa patrol police press secretary Alla Marchenko said, Interfax-Ukraina reports.
The fire was extinguished at around 9:00 p.m.
Pivnichnyi market is one of the largest markets in the city of Odesa.
Fire in Odesa camp: activists and police scuffle outside mayor's office, detentions reported. PHOTOS(0)
Fire in Viktoria was most probably caused by electric appliances emergency system, - State Emergency Service(0)
Schoolgirl Kateryna Noi saved eight younger children from fire in Viktoria camp in Odesa, - city council member Ivanytskyi. PHOTO(0)
Odesa city council used 11 million hryvnia for additional work in Viktoria camp, including automated fire alarm system(0)