EBU Communications Officer Dave Goodman told Russian TASS news agency, Censor.NET reports.
Asked whether he can confirm media reports about Russia's possible expulsion from the Eurovision Song Contest in 2018 over the refusal of the Channel 1 to broadcast this year's contest, he said that the EBU was focused on the upcoming event. According to him, any decision about further action to tackle this situation can be taken only following the contest in Kyiv.
The media earlier reported that the Channel 1 refusal to broadcast Eurovision-2017 could entail Russia's expulsion next year.
Earlier, Russian Channel 1 refused to broadcast Eurovision 2017.
As previously reported, Yulia Samoylova was supposed to represent Russia at the upcoming Eurovision Song Contest 2017 in Kyiv with the song Flame Is Burning. The singer is known to have given concerts in occupied Crimea.
The foreign minister of Ukraine said such a decision of the Russian Federation was yet another provocation. Russia, in turn, claimed it saw nothing provocative in picking Samoylova for the contest.
March 20, the Security Service of Ukraine issued an entry ban against the Russian singer. Source: /n436224
Related materials: Eurovision
Putin on Eurovision-2017: “Kyiv unable to hold such events properly. Our artists did right thing when refused to participate”(0)