EN|RU|UK
  65033
Related materials:

 EBU denies reports on sanctions against Ukraine over Samoylova's entry ban

Swiss tabloid Blick, quoting European Broadcasting Union Director General Ingrid Deltenre, reported that Ukraine was facing sanctions over an entry ban against Russian Eurovision pick Yulia Samoylova. The EBU refuted the report.

Censor.NET reports citing DW.

In its online report on Tuesday evening, March 28, Blick said the EBU was ready to impose sanctions on Kyiv over an entry ban against Russia's act Yulia Samoylova, citing the union's director general.

Read more: Russian Eurovision pick must not have problems with Ukrainan law to sing in Kyiv, - Kyrylenko

Earlier, Deltenere did criticize the Kyiv's decision.

Blick argued that if the situation did not change in the coming weeks, Ukraine would be sanctioned right up to a suspension from the competition.

However, on Wednesday, the EBU told journalists it was not ready to confirm the possibility of sanctions against Ukraine.

Read more: Channel One Russia refuses to have Samoylova compete via satellite at Eurovision 2017

As previously reported, Yulia Samoylova was supposed to represent Russia at the upcoming Eurovision Song Contest 2017 in Kyiv with the song Flame Is Burning. The singer is known to have given concerts in occupied Crimea.

The foreign minister of Ukraine said such a decision of the Russian Federation was yet another provocation. Russia, in turn, claimed it saw nothing provocative in picking Samoylova for the contest.

March 20, the Security Service of Ukraine issued an entry ban against the Russian singer.
 
 
 
 up