Chairman of the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar people wrote on Facebook, Censor.NET reports.
"The incident at Chonhar is over. However, it was inevitable as there is an undue delay in deciding as to forming a separate Crimean Tatar unit as part of the armed forces or the National Guard, where Ukrainian citizens-residents of Crimea, including the Crimean Tatars and other nationalities, could serve.
"Awaiting such a decision, young people (and not very young), being part of Asker NGO, conducted military training, assisted border guard and customs services of Ukraine at the Chonhar, Chaplynka and Kalanchak checkpoints in controlling the movement of people and vehicles between mainland Ukraine and temporarily occupied Crimea. However, both services felt rather uncomfortable being under permanent civilian control by Asker members," he wrote.
"The good thing is that the incident is settled, but the bad thing is that some of the perpetrators from among the military resorted to fictional versions aimed against the Crimean Tatars. We will decisively suppress such actions," Chubarov said.
According to him, as of 11 a.m., the police and the military had left the base of Asker NGO at Chonhar. Its members and volunteers of Crimean Tatar Noman Çelebicihan Battalion have returned to their routine activities.
As previously reported, on Feb. 12, armed men seized the base of Crimean Tatar Noman Çelebicihan Battalion in Chonhar village. An APC rammed the fence and a tent with people. The unknowns are said to have used firearms. No casualties have been reported.
Most recent detentions in Crimea are occupants' reaction to UN and EP resolutions, - lawyer Kurbedinov(0)