EN|RU|UK
  120160

 Russian command urges Ukrainian military to halt offensive in Donbas and call truce

"DPR" militants offered the Ukrainian military to cease fire at midnight, Feb 9. According to "DPR's operations command" representative Eduard Basurin, not a single shot has been fired since 3 a.m.

Censor.NET reports citing kp.ru.

Read more: Terrorists use mortars in all sectors. No losses reported, - ATO Staff

"As for today, we proposed the Ukrainian side to cease fire at midnight, Feb. 9 ... Not a single shot has been registered since 3 a.m.," Eduard Basurin told Russia 1.

He noted a written proposal had been handed over to the Ukrainian side through the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission and the Joint Centre on Control and Coordination of issues related to the cease-fire regime.

Earlier, militants came up with a plan to normalize the situation along the contact line in the Donbas, as agreed with the OSCE. The document seeks to establish a cease-fire and halt any offensive operations.

Read more: Russian militants opened fire 82 times yesterday, employed 152 mm and 122 mm artillery, tanks, IFV and APC, - Staff

The recent spike in hostilities around Avdiivka was registered on Sunday morning, Jan. 29.

After two days of fighting, Ukrainian soldiers managed to take enemy positions and improved their tactical set-up in the area.

In the evening of Jan. 30, a state of emergency was declared in Avdiivka.

Presidential Administration Deputy Head Kostiantyn Yelisieiev said the situation in eastern Ukraine had taken on international importance, and if Russia vetoed the deployment of a U.N. police mission in the Donbas at the next Security Council meeting, it would show its real attitude to the situation.
 
 
 
 up