This was announced by Deputy Chief Monitor of OSCE in Ukraine Alexander Hug at a briefing, Censor.NET reports citing Ukrainski Novyny.
Hug said it seemed like those who had been firing in the Donbas over the past three weeks had forgotten about Christmas. On Jan. 7, Orthodox Christmas Day, SMM monitors recorded cease-fire violations in all known hot spots in the Donbas, Hug said.
He said half of all cease-fire violations since Dec. 19 took place in southeast direction from the east of Svitlodarsk.
Monitors have recorded a 250-percent increase in Minsk-banned weapon use since then, which includes tanks, mortars, artillery, and MLRSes.
At least 3,374 explosions with the above mentioned types of weapons have been recorded since Dec. 19, the deputy chief monitor said.
Monitors recorded a destruction of a kindergarten in Luhanske village and a church in Debaltseve, both in the Donetsk region.
Hug said the disengagement areas near Stanytsia Luhanska and Zolote/Petrivske are relatively calm and has seen much less fire and violence.
Related materials: Anti-Terrorist Operation
OSCE drone recorded eight MLRSes, 19 howitzers, 16 tanks of pro-Russian separatists deployed in violation of withdrawal rules(0)
Additional payments for military on 1st and 2nd defense lines in ATO to increase in September, - Poroshenko(0)