The explosion rocked an apartment in the residential house at 52 Mykhaila Lushpy Ave. in Sumy on the morning of Jan. 9, spokesperson for Sumy police Elvira Bihanova wrote on Facebook, Censor.NET reports.
"The incident took place in the first-floor apartment at 52 Mykhaila Lushpy Ave. in Sumy in the morning. According to preliminary data, the blast was caused by a gas leak in the apartment. Three people were injured in the explosion. The owner of the apartment is in the intensive care unit, two more people from a neighboring apartment are hospitalized," the spokesperson wrote.
Sumy police investigators and rescuers are working at the scene. The circumstances and causes of the explosion are being clarified.