Specialized Anti-Corruption Prosecutor's Office Deputy Head Volodymyr Kryvenko said in an exclusive interview with 112 Ukraine, Censor.NET reports.
"At the moment, the detectives, under prosecutors' procedural guidance, are gathering additional evidence of Okhendovskyi's possible involvement in other episodes. The probe into other persons' involvement in Party of Regions' slush funds is also underway," Kryvenko said.
Okhendovskyi was served an indictment at the Boryspil airport, where he arrived from Kyrgyzstan after observing elections and a referendum. He was also summoned for questioning.
However, Okhendovskyi failed to show up at the NABU for personal reasons, and the date of questioning was moved.
As previously reported, Okhendovskyi appears on the Party of Regions' slush funds lists. In particular, Party of Regions members paid $1,500 for one of his official trips.
On May 31, Petro Poroshenko Bloc MP Serhii Leshchenko and journalists Anton Marchuk and Sevhil Musaieva-Borovyk published some of the documents proving the existence of Party of Regions' slush funds. According to the materials, the Party of Regions spent $66 million on political corruption over the second half of 2012.
Even earlier, ex-Deputy Head of the Security Service of Ukraine Viktor Trepak said he had passed the information about Party of Regions' slush funds to the National Anti-Corruption Bureau (NABU).
NABU Director Artem Sytnyk confirmed the acceptance of 841 files related to the slush funds and covering the period between 2008-2012. Sytnyk announced the start of identification of all persons indicated in the documents, adding the NABU would take measures to prevent their possible escape from the country. He noted the involvants will be charged under the "offering of undue profit" article of the Criminal Code of Ukraine.