Censor.NET reports citing the latest update by the OSCE SMM based on information received as of 7:30 p.m. Dec 14, 2016.
The statement reads: "The SMM followed up reports of civilian casualties caused by shooting at a checkpoint near government-controlled Maiorsk (45km north-east of Donetsk). At approximately 11:45 a.m., accompanied by a Ukrainian Armed Forces officer of the Joint Centre for Control and Co-operation (JCCC), the SMM arrived at the area between the government checkpoint and a "DPR" checkpoint. The body of a man aged 60-70, in civilian clothing, with a wound below his right ear, along with blood on his body and the nearby asphalt was laying on the road about 25 meters from the government checkpoint. At the site, 250 pedestrians were queuing to enter government-controlled areas.
"A person identified by checkpoint personnel as a military prosecutor, who was present at the site when the SMM arrived, told the SMM that, according to his preliminary assessment, shooting at sometime between 08:00 and 09:00 had resulted in the death of one civilian and the wounding of another, both of whom had been traveling on foot toward government-controlled areas. At the hospital in government-controlled Bakhmut (formerly Artemivsk, 67km north of Donetsk), the deputy director told the SMM that the hospital had received a man aged 40-50, who had received treatment to a wound in his shoulder but had subsequently left the premises of his own accord.
"Accompanied by a Russian Federation Armed Forces officer of the JCCC, at 12:11 the SMM visited the "DPR" checkpoint south-east of the Maiorsk checkpoint, where a "commander" told the SMM that at 08:30 he had heard a burst of assault-rifle fire," the situation report reads.
Related materials: Russian aggression against Ukraine