As reported by Censor.NET citing InformNapalm, t he operation was focused on accessing and collecting intelligence from email accounts of military commandant offices of Russian occupation troops in the Donetsk region.
The hacktivists managed to gain access to the accounts of 13 regional units of the so-called military commandant offices of the "DPR." During two months, the data obtained from these mailboxes was being transferred for analysis to volunteer investigators at InformNapalm, the staff of the Myrotvorets center, the Security Service of Ukraine, and Ukrainian Special Operations Forces (SOF).
The operation achieved the following:
1. Identification of personnel in all regional offices.
2. Identification of the types and quantities of hardware and weapons held by specific military units.
3. Identification of mercenaries and regular Russian Army troops with records in violations reports.
4. Establishing transportation routes of military commandant patrols.
5. Establishing transportation routes of military vehicle convoys in the occupied territory of the Donetsk region.
6. Establishing secret post locations along the routes of military convoys.
7. Establishing exact locations of military units of Russian occupation troops.
Below is a sample set of document screenshots extracted from the mailboxes. The total size of these documents exceeds seven gigabytes.
"As long as a large part of the dataset is still being analyzed by InformNapalm volunteers and Ukrainian intelligence services, we ask our readers for patience before major investigation results can be openly published. In the mean time we offer the following as a preview. Despite many efforts of Russian propaganda, the information obtained from the occupation commandant office demonstrates that Ukrainian side actually observes the cease-fire," the authors of the investigation notes.
Video of the hacking:
Turchynov: The New York Times article seeks to disguise Russia's possible participation in North Korean missile programs(0)
Ukraine and Georgia have common aggressor - Russia. We need unity of entire world to free from occupation, - Poroshenko in Georgia. PHOTOS(0)