As reported by Censor.NET, this was announced by military prosecutor Ruslan Kravchenko.
He denied information spread by certain media that Gen. Viktor Nazarov was served an indictment on Nov. 23.
"The indictment was issued on Dec. 23, 2015!" Kravchenko stressed.
He said Nazarov was questioned during the last hearing.
"The court has examined all evidence provided by the defense and the prosecution. Only one prosecution witness is left - former Acting Defense Minister Mykhailo Koval. His questioning became crucial after the testimony of the defendant," Kravchenko told Censor.NET.
After the interview a debate will follow, and then a verdict will be delivered.
On Dec. 17, 2015, the Pavlohrad city district court of the Dnipropetrovsk region started the trial in the case of the killing of 49 Ukrainian military in the Il-76 plane over Luhansk.
The court tries one man - Major General Viktor Nazarov, who commanded the ATO HQ at that moment. He is charged under part 3 article 425 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine (habitual negligence in office during war, causing grave consequences).
According to the conclusion of the commission that has carried out a complex military-tactical criminalistic analysis, Nazarov was the one directly obliged to take measures to suppress the air defense of terrorists and ensure the safety of Il-76 flight over enemy-controlled Luhansk on June 14, 2014.
The investigators have interrogated 132 witnesses and conducted 112 examinations so far.
Related materials: Anti-Terrorist Operation
OSCE drone recorded eight MLRSes, 19 howitzers, 16 tanks of pro-Russian separatists deployed in violation of withdrawal rules(0)