As reported by Censor.NET citing The Star news outlet, this was said by Transport Minister of Malaysia Datuk Seri Liow Tiong Lai.
Liow said Tuesday that the Joint Investigation Team (JIT) had identified 100 individuals linked to the tragedy.
"They have to call every one of them to investigate all the details and when we have identified who shot the aircraft, we will do everything in our power to get the court in Netherlands to prosecute those responsible," Liow said.
Censor.NET has been reporting about the investigation of the catastrophe of Boeing MH17 over Torez in the Donetsk region on July 17, 2014, and published exclusive photos of the hangar and the submunitions of Russian missile Buk-M1-2, featured in the criminal investigation. Prosecutor's Offices of the Netherlands and Australia have prepared convincing evidence. It was established that submunitions that hit the Boeing exactly match those from the warhead of the latest Russian anti-aircraft missile Buk-M1-2. The system was developed in 1997, put into service of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation in 1998, and was never delivered to Ukraine. In addition, independent experts from Germany, England and Poland studied the fragments of the debris and concluded they were part of a Russian Buk missile. Modern chemical analysis has identified the composition of the metal and found parts of the glass and skin of the same downed Boeing that had been cut by these elements prior to hitting the people.
In November 2015, President Poroshenko visited the Netherlands and said that Ukraine was using its membership in the UN Security Council for investigation of the MH17 tragedy.
In May 2016, Australian law firm LHD filed a lawsuit against Russia and Russian President Vladimir Putin to the European Court for Human Rights on behalf of the relatives of those killed in the downed aircraft. According to the lawyers, Putin comes as key culprit and has to pay $10 million for each killed passenger.
On July 17, 2016, President Poroshenko said that Russia was the only country inhibiting the investigation into the MH17 crash.
"Russia, abusing the right of veto, blocked the decision of the UN Security Council to establish the International Tribunal to investigate the downing of MH17, which is an indirect and logical proof of its involvement in the crime. In spite of this, we and our partners are working and doing everything necessary to ensure accountability of all those behind this tragedy," the head of state remarked.
On Sept. 28, 2016, the Dutch-led Joint Investigation Team (JIT) came up with a report on the first official results of the probe into the MH17 tragedy.
The JIT said the plane was shot down with a Buk missile launched from a separatist-controlled area. The missile launcher arrived there from Russia, while some 100 people were involved in its transportation and shooting, the investigators note.
Related materials: Russian terrorists downed MH17