The Military Prosecutor's Office initiated criminal proceedings into the grenade explosion at the military unit No. 2336 at 31 Kavalerystiv St. in Kropyvnytskyi (formerly Kirovohrad), Military Prosecutor of the Kirovohrad garrison Ruslan Habrielian told Komsomolska Pravda, Censor.NET reports.
The Military Prosecutor's Office has opened criminal proceedings under part 2 of article 414 of the Criminal Code (breaching regulations relating to the handling of weapons, explosive materials, support devices) based on the findings of the crime scene investigation team.
The investigative actions are underway.
112 Ukraine TV channel reported that the person killed in the grenade explosion at the military base in Kropyvnytskyi is 29-year-old resident of Oleksandria Vasyl Divychenko. He is survived by a wife three children. The military previously served in the 57th Brigade and then signed a contract with the Special Operations Forces.
This information was also confirmed by the local newspaper Moia Oleksandria.
Vasyl Divychenko was born in 1987. He signed a contract with 57th Brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in June 2016. He was transferred to the 3rd Special Forces Regiment of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine later in August. Vasyl died as a result of the explosion at the military base Oct. 31.
The condition of two servicemen who were injured by the same explosion is serious but stable while the third wounded soldier is in extremely critical condition. The doctors have been struggling to save him for more than four hours. The injured soldiers are 19, 26, and 28 years old.
The circumstances of the incident are being investigated. The reckless handling of weaponry is the probe's primary lead.
One law enforcer killed, two injured as police cruiser trips mine in ATO zone, National Police deputy chief says. PHOTOS(0)