EN|RU|UK
  3281

 Kyiv to insist on reinstating contact line as of Sep. 19, 2014, with Debaltseve government-controlled, - Presidential Administration

The Ukrainian side intends to insist on reinstating the demarcation line in the Donbas as defined and agreed upon in Minsk on Sept. 19, 2014.

As reported by Censor.NET, Presidential Administration Deputy Head Kostiantyn Yelisieiev said it in an exclusive interview with Interfax-Ukraine.

"We regularly insist on reinstating the demarcation line as of Sept. 19, 2014. After all, there is a significant difference between the line we had on Sept. 19, 2014 and Feb. 15, 2015 after almost 1,500 square kilometers had been captured by Russian militants," he said.

According to the diplomat, it is crucial that in Berlin the parties recognized all three agreements previously reached in Minsk as a base for the settlement in the Donbas.

Read more: Ukraine to get access to its border with Russia after elections in Donbas - Presidential Administration

"It is a fundamental issue for us, since the Russian side has pushed for the revision of this line and its non-recognition. We will work to ensure that the example of Debaltseve triggers further demilitarization, the restoration of local self-government and normal life. This is our territory that should be under Ukrainian control as per the line of Sept. 19," Yelisieiev remarked.

"Of course, this issue has caused negative reaction of the Russian side, so it is not going to be an easy topic," he added.

Earlier, Russian President Vladimir Putin's press secretary Dmitry Peskov said that the Kremlin does not agree with the return of occupied Debaltseve under Ukrainian control.
 
 
 
 up