EN|RU|UK
  2292

 Demobilization of 'sixth wave' fighters kicked off, Poroshenko says

The president is participating in celebrations of Defender of Ukraine Day Oct. 14.

Ukraine's President Petro Poroshenko announced that demobilization of soldiers drafted last year during the so-called 'sixth wave' of mobilization has started. He said this at Sofiiska Square, Censor.NET reports citing 112 Ukraine.

"On this festive day, I plan to meet soldiers of the 'sixth wave' who are demobilizing these days according to my decree," he said.

Watch more: "Army is our main guarantor, much more serious than Budapest Memorandum," - Poroshenko congratulated military on Defender of Ukraine Day. VIDEO

Sept. 26, the president signed a decree on demobilization of the 'sixth wave' of military draft to the Ukrainian army. The General Staff intends to finish demobilization of these soldiers by the end of October. The sixth wave started on June 19, 2015 and ended on Aug. 17, 2015. It was reported about 50-percent mobilization to the plan, without disclosing an exact number of military drafted.Источник: https://en.censor.net.ua/n410502
 
 
 
 up