EN|RU|UK
  50264

 Fatal car accident case against rich kid Tolstosheiev closed

The Kyiv Prosecutor's Office has closed the criminal case against 21-year-old Stanislav Tolstosheiev, charged with a deadly car accident near Livoberezhna metro station in January this year.

Nadiia Maksymets, prosecutor's office spokeswoman, told LIGA.net, Censor.NET reports.

See more: Personal photos of rich kid, who killed woman on his Mercedes in Kyiv, posted online. PHOTOS

"The examination results confirm that the driver was in an uncontrolled state during the incident, that is, the suspect stayed unconscious, did not control his actions and could not influence them. Therefore, given the examination results and other investigative actions, the prosecutor decided, as foreseen by law, to close the criminal proceedings," Maksymets said.

According to her, Tolstosheiev's state at the moment of the incident is characterized as seizure. Moreover, the suspect was not in a state of alcoholic or narcotic intoxication, according to the examination results.

Watch more: Heinous car accident committed by 22-year-old Stanislav Tolstosheiev. VIDEO (surveillance cameras)

As previously reported, on Jan. 9, 2016, Stanislav Tolstosheiev, son of a Donetsk businessman, drove onto a sidewalk near Livoberezhna metro station in his Mercedes GL, killing one person and injuring three.

On Jan. 13, Tolstosheiev was served an indictment on charges of being involved in a fatal car accident.

On Jan. 15, the culprit was remanded in custody with the possibility of posting bail in the amount of 137,000 hryvnia (approx. $5,260).
 
 
 
 up