First Deputy Justice Minister of Ukraine Natalia Sevostianova said on air of 112 Ukraine, Censor.NET reports.
"I have a very positive feeling about our claims as there are loads of facts proving Russia's violation of the European Convention on Human Rights. But we must understand that international trials last for not a year or two, it's a long process. But it is an effective international tool that we have in order to sue Russia. We must use it and go through all stages," Sevostianova said.
She also noted that Ukraine has already filed three lawsuits against Russia.
As reported, the Russian Constitutional Court adopted a decision July 14, 2015, allowing neglecting any ECHR ruling that is found not to be in line with the Russian Constitution. The Ukrainian Foreign Ministry expressed concern about this decision as "aimed, among other things, at avoiding responsibility for serious and massive human rights violations in occupied Crimea and the Donbas."
So far, Ukraine has filed several lawsuits against the Russian Federation on the facts of human rights violations.
Ukraine provided new unmatched proofs under first Crimea case in ECHR, Justice Minister Petrenko says(0)