EN|RU|UK
  46551

 Turchynov offers to send several boxes of soap in Russia

The loud, yet failure campaign of the Russian security services and would-be propagandists called the "attack of Ukrainians on Crimea" continues.

NSDC secretary Oleksandr Turchynov wrote on Facebook, Censor.NET reports.

"According to the latest version of the official Russian new agencies, a squad of desperate Ukrainian intelligence officers in Crimea laid not even real mines, but dummies to test the alert readiness of the Russian military.

Then the Russians fought a hard battle with three groups of Ukrainian Special Forces at a cemetery. The notorious Russian military suffered heavy losses and were unable to hold a single Ukrainian scout. Instead, the Russian propagandists juggle with the "names" and "call signs" of Ukrainian "commandos" who "inflicted heavy losses" to Russian troops, having humiliated their authority and dignity, and returned to their homeland without losses.

I especially liked the claim that the dummy mines were made of soap and watches. We have to send several boxes of soap to the Russian security services, the military and the propagandists so that they can make high-quality dummy mines and continue their propagandist 'soap operas'," he wrote.

Read more: Poroshenko and Biden discussed situation in occupied Crimea

As previously reported, the situation on the administrative border with the peninsula turned critical early in the morning of Aug. 7. Since that moment, the occupation authorities have repeatedly altered the access mode at three checkpoints, either closing them or resuming their work in full or partially.

A number of Crimean media reported the introduction of Krepost (Fortress) plan aimed at tracking down five camo-clad persons. Eyewitnesses mention checkpoints set up on the main roads with the traffic police and OMON fighters stopping buses and checking passengers. At 4:30 a.m., Aug. 10, the Russian side opened the Kalanchak checkpoint near Armiansk that had been closed since Aug. 7.

On Aug. 10, the FSB released an official statement about averted terrorist attacks in annexed Crimea "prepared by the Main Intelligence Directorate of Ukraine's MoD in order to target critical life-supporting and infrastructure facilities inside the peninsula." Further on, the FSB released a video with the alleged organizer of the thwarted "terrorist acts" in the occupied Crimea, Zaporizhia region resident Yevhen Panov.

Russian President Vladimir Putin, in turn, said that Ukraine "has switched to the practice of terror."

Putin also said he considered the upcoming Normandy Four meeting to be pointless in the light of the alleged detention of Ukrainian "saboteur" in occupied Crimea.

Putin's puppet of the so-called "parliament" of Crimea Remzi Ilyasov said the occupying authorities perceive the incident "as an act of aggression, in fact, a declaration of war."

The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine denied all Russia's allegations, calling them provocative.

National Security and Defense Council Secretary Oleksandr Turchynov described the hysterical and false allegations by Russia's FSB as groundless and called them another element of Russia's hybrid war against Ukraine and an attempt to exacerbate the situation in the occupied territory.

The Ukrainian MoD has refuted the FSB's allegations on the involvement of Ukraine's intelligence in subversive activities in Crimea and called them an attempt of the Russian Federation to justify its aggression in the territory of the annexed peninsula.

President Petro Poroshenko said that the Russian allegations are groundless and serve as "a pretext for more military threats against Ukraine."

Spokesperson to the U.S. Department of State Elizabeth Trudeau said that the Russian Federation's recent allegations on Ukraine's involvement in "subversive activities" in Russian-occupied Crimeashould not distract the United States from the real issue Russia has created in Ukraine.

Watch more: Russia's provocation in Crimea: FSB reveals "witness," "driver" Zakhtei and another "saboteur". VIDEO (in Russian)

On Aug. 11, President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko instructed that all the units deployed at the administrative border with Crimea and the demarcation line in the Donbas be on high alert.

Ihor Kotelianets, Panov's brother, claims Yevhen was kidnapped in Ukraine's Zaporizhia region and taken to the occupied peninsula.

According to Ukraine's Defense Intelligence, none of its employees has been detained by the FSB to date in the territory of occupied Crimea.

The police have qualified the fact of Yevhen Panov's disappearance reported by his relatives as a criminal offence under the article 146 (illegal deprivation of freedom or abduction) of the Criminal Code of Ukraine.

First Deputy Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada, Ukraine's representative in the humanitarian subgroup of the Trilateral Contact Group Iryna Herashchenko says Yevhen Panov has become another kidnapped Russian hostage who Ukraine will have to liberate.
 
 
 
 up