This was announced by Ukrainian General Staff spokesperson Vladyslav Selezniov, Censor.NET reports citing Krym.Realii.
Selezniov described such allegations by the Russian side as "provocative."
"The FSB was playing a waiting game for four days, and then, the information that had been spread in social media emerged. However, only yesterday, Ukraine's Defense Intelligence representative Vadym Skibitskyi made a statement about FSB's anti-terrorist drills being underway in occupied Crimea. It is possible that this message [by the FSB - ed.] comes as part of the information campaign surrounding this training," Selezniov said.
On Aug. 10, the FSB released an official statement about averted terrorist attacks in annexed Crimea "prepared by the Main Intelligence Directorate of Ukraine's MoD in order to target critical life-supporting and infrastructure facilities inside the peninsula."
A number of Crimean media reported the introduction of Krepost (Fortress) plan aimed at tracking down five camo-clad persons. Eyewitnesses told Krym.Realii about checkpoints set up on the main roads with the traffic police and OMON fighters stopping buses and checking passengers. The same checks are being carried out along regular routes, in particular in Simferopol.
At 4:30 a.m., Aug. 10, the Russian side opened the Kalanchak checkpoint near Armiansk that had been closed since Aug. 7.
The situation on the administrative border with the peninsula turned critical early in the morning of Aug. 7. Since that moment, the occupation authorities have repeatedly altered the access mode at three checkpoints, either closing them or resuming their work in full or partially. The Russian side has not commented on the situation so far.
Related materials: Occupied territories - Crimea and Donbas
“No parallel could be made between Catalonia and Donbas. It’s not separatism that we have but real Russian aggression,” - Ukraine's FM Klimkin(0)