Censor.NET reports citing Interfax-Ukraine.
"Mykhailo V. Okhendovskyi never accepted or gave any bribes during the years of work in the CEC," he told journalists in Kyiv on Tuesday, commenting on the information that the Party of Regions allocated funds to bribe members of the CEC in 2012.
Okhendovskyi stressed he was ready to give any explanations to law enforcement authorities in case they have questions.
As previously reported, on Saturday, Dzerkalo Tyznhia weekly published an interview with ex-Deputy Head of the Security Service of Ukraine Viktor Trepak, where he states he has passed the materials proving illegal payments by the Party of Regions to a number of former and current high-ranking officials to the National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine. According to him, they are all about the so-called slush funds of the Party of Regions with overall payments of $2 billion.
According to him, these materials expose "high-ranking officials, ministers and heads of authorities, MPs, prominent politicians, public figures, representatives of international organizations, judges, including those from higher courts."
NABU Director Artem Sytnyk confirmed the acceptance of the said materials.
"Yesterday afternoon (May 27), the materials were received," he told Interfax-Ukraine on Saturday.
On Monday, May 30, the NABU launched an investigation on the basis of Trepak's report under part 4, article 369 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine (offering, promising or giving an undue advantage to an official).
Related materials: Party of Regions' off-the-book payments