The subject of this investigation is Yaroslav Volkov, born June 12, 1992; a Russian contract serviceman of the 201st Gatchina military base in Tajikistan, unit No. 92752, a native of Chelyabinsk; his civilian occupation is car mechanic. Social networks accounts (profile, photo album), (profile, photo album).
Judging by his photos from December 2014, Yaroslav was in the Rostov region at one of training camps serving Russian invasion forces. Until May 2015, he served at his home station, on the border between Tajikistan and Afghanistan. His private messaging correspondence indicates that one of his colleagues, who had been sent to Ukraine under the guise of a militant, was killed in action in Sloviansk, the Donetsk region.
On May 25, 2015, Yaroslav reports that he is in Luhansk and was deployed to Ukraine through Rostov. After a mission to Donetsk and Horlivka, disguised as a "volunteer" with call sign "Tikhiy", in mid-August 2015, he returns to Tajikistan, where he continues service at the 201st military base of the Russian Armed Forces.
Photos below confirm the fact of participation of Yaroslav Volkov, a Russian serviceman on active military duty, in the fighting in the Donbas.
His correspondence with Irina Isaieva (+380639558988, +380997625124) from Krasny Luch in the Luhansk region ( profile, photo album) attests to the following:
- Yaroslav is on active military duty, both in Tajikistan and Ukraine;
- Yaroslav's colleague was a Russian serviceman on active military duty when he was killed in Sloviansk;
- There are problems with discipline within the invading Russian units in the Donbas - Russian military command replaced Yaroslav's unit after they disobeyed a direct order;
- Operations of Yaroslav's unit in Tajikistan are overseen by FSB, the Russian intelligence agency;
- Yaroslav had missions to the Luhansk and Donetsk regions of Ukraine.
Read more: Russian military get killed and wounded in Donbas, - Military Intelligence
His correspondence with Denis Chameyev ( Profile, photo album, https://vk.com/id66946923) directly confirms that Russia is sponsoring the war in the Donbas, as well as evidences other facts:
- Russia is sponsoring the armed groups through "humanitarian aid," including supplies of sophisticated hardware, e.g. drones;
- Militants and mercenaries are engaging in looting, extortion and racketeering (e.g., Yaroslav writes that he "grabbed two cars from the Ukrops" after the assault on Debaltseve; he also suggests that real estate could be very easily seized from the locals, and that militants are racketeering local businesses "just like in the '90s");
- 'DPR' army is organized similarly to the Russian army with all the attributes of the regular military service - daily quarters, detailing for guard, local service contracts.
See more: New Russian ground counterbattery radar system 'Leopard' revealed in Donetsk. PHOTOS
"Russian mercenaries and soldiers are engaged in banditry, looting, racketeering and property seizure. There is no ideology in the "Russian world" and in what is happening in the occupied territories of Donbas. But there are these 22-year-old Russians, who are "bored" and want to play soldiers, and who are wallowing in the power over other people, granted to them by the weapons in their hands. They carry out criminal orders of the Kremlin, in parallel engaging in looting and profiteering at the expense of the inhabitants of another country, just like in South Ossetia in summer 2008," the investigation reads.