Censor.NET reports citing an article of Serhii Rakhmanin, first deputy chief editor of ZN.ua.
"The demands and the arguments lack distinction:
- Kyiv is obliged to fulfill the Minsk agreements because there is no alternative and Ukrainian state made a commitment to observe them;
- The elections on the occupied territories must be held no later than the coming summer, while the Minsk agreements must be implemented completely till the end of the year;
- The promised financial assistance will depend completely on the readiness of Kyiv to follow the precepts of 'Minsk';
- The sanctions against Russia (presumably, Ms. Nuland mentioned the sanctions imposed by the EU) are likely to be extended this June, but there is a serious possibility they might be lifted in December;
Read more: Complete cease-fire in Donbas agreed by Trlateral Contact Group in Minsk starting from Easter
- In the case of reaching an agreement on holding local elections, heavy weapons and armored vehicles would be withdrawn to designated areas under the supervision of the OSCE SMM;
- The number of OSCE monitors and their authority is to be expanded. The possibility to form a special police contingent under the aegis of the OSCE is discussed. It should act as a guarantor of security on the occupied territories before, during and after the electoral campaign;
- Withdrawal of heavy weapons and equipment from the occupied territories is possible only after the local elections;
Read more: US carrier group denied request for Hong Kong visit by Chinese authorities, - Pentagon
- Ukraine will take over control of the border only after local elections and full implementation of the Minsk agreements;
- Kyiv is required to complete the entire set of measures provided by the Minsk agreements, including the passage of the law on a large-scale amnesty and changes to the Ukrainian Constitution agreed in Minsk;
- All parties must strictly follow the Minsk agreements, but first Ukraine has to demonstrate good will.
- Compliance with the plan can provide a full-scale settlement of the military conflict in the east of Ukraine, which could be the first case of the peaceful end of a local war," Rakhmanin writes.
Read more: Two servicemen killed, four wounded yesterday, - ATO spokesperson
Related materials: Russian aggression against Ukraine
No Ukrainian soldier killed or injured Nov. 16, over 90 mortar shells hit positions at Svitlodarsk salient, - ATO HQ(0)
No one killed, two Ukrainian soldiers injured over past day as enemy used artillery, mortars, tanks, - ATO HQ(0)
Ukrainian observers show damage caused to Triokhizbenka houses in recent militants’ mortar strike. PHOTOS(0)