Former Deputy Prosecutor General - Prosecutor of the Odesa region Davit Sakvarelidze said, Censor.NET reports citing 112 Ukraine.
"He [the president - ed.] said he would talk to a new prosecutor general, etc. I told him it was not about me but about our team, about those guys who, in particular, trusted him because all cases we had started and all initiatives we were questioned about during a nine-hour interrogation were all agreed with the president. In fact, we came here to start all this. For some reason, the president sided with the old guard as now all these initiatives in the PGO, including departmental reform and inspectorate, are curbed with enormous nihilism: some people get sacked, others are blackmailed, and still others are suspended from office. The ones who stay there feel like in a cave with lions, while some of them have already decided they have no desire to be part of what is going on," Sakvarelidze said.
As previously reported, Davit Sakvarelidze was dismissed as deputy prosecutor general - prosecutor of the Odesa region on March 29. Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin abolished his post and brought Sakvarelidze to disciplinary liability "for the gross violation of the rules of prosecutorial ethics, intrusion in official activities of another prosecutor, discrediting misconduct, failure or improper performance of official duties."
On April 1, PGO investigators questioned Sakvarelidze on the case of "disappearance" of $2 million. The interrogation lasted several hours.