No consuls and people's deputies will attend the hearing, Lytvynov's lawyer Viktor Parshutkin told Censor.NET correspondent in Donetsk (the Rostov region, Russia).
Consul General of Ukraine in Rostov-on-Don Vitalii Moskalenko told Censor.NET that representatives of the consulate will not be able to attend the trial.
"We are all here [at the trial of Nadiia Savchenko - ed.]. We have no more cars!" Moskalenko said.
Presidential press secretary Sviatoslav Tseholko also confirmed he was not going to attend tomorrow's hearing of Serhii Lytvynov's case. MPs won't go either.
"We were thinking of setting up a kind of duty of deputies, so that all take turns in attending political processes against Ukrainians," Tseholko said.
Lytvynov's lawyer regrets that Ukrainian representatives will not come.
"Consuls and journalists' presence disciplines judges and a prosecutor. It would be difficult without them. Consuls attended the previous meetings. Journalists came once. Any public representatives were absent," Parshutkin said.
At the moment, the court is hearing evidence by the prosecution.
As previously reported, Serhii Lytvynov, Luhansk region resident, was detained in the summer of 2014 in the Rostov region where he arrived to visit a doctor. He was accused of having served in Dnipro-1 battalion, killed at least 30 young men, raped and killed eight young women, killed a 12-year-old girl. On Nov. 25, 2015, the Investigative Committee of Russia was forced to stop the prosecution against Lytvynov for these episodes where he was faced with a capital punishment (life imprisonment). Now he is charged with robbery and carjacking. There is only one victim evidencing against him, who, however, does not attend the hearings.