"No, my resignation statement is still in Rada waiting for approval. There is not only my statement there. We will withdraw them only when there will be comprehensive support for the reforms," he said.
Pavlenko noted that the Cabinet of Ministers had just announced the basic principles of the reform. In addition, the action plan for 2016, which stipulated for a large number of reforms, was adopted. According to the minister, 179 work groups, operating in different directions, have been created within the ministries. The efforts to engage foreign investors in key sectors of the economy are also taken.
"But we cannot proceed as it is impossible without the support of the Verkhovna Rada. We are waiting for the end of the political crisis in the parliament. If Rada does not support the reforms, it will make no sense for us to remain on our posts and see how the wind blows," the minister said.
As previously reported, the Samopomich party announced its intention to recall Pavlenko from the Cabinet Jan. 22. Minister of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine Oleksii Pavlenko resigned Jan. 29. He withdrew his resignation statement along with Health Minister Alexander Kvitashvili, Infrastructure Minister Andrii Pyvovarskyi, and Minister of Information Policy Yurii Stets Feb. 4.