This was announced by Head of the Special Anti-corruption Prosecutor's Office Nazar Kholodnytskyi in an interview with Deutsche Welle, Censor.NET reports.
"We are currently investigating several inquiries on corruption in the executive branch. There are about 20 of them totally. We cannot maintain a priori that there are grounds for serving suspicion to some members of the Cabinet. But the investigation is underway. We keep gathering documents, evidence. This process takes a lot of time and effort, but it is going on nevertheless," he said answering a question about allegations of Prime Minister of Ukraine Arsenii Yatsenyuk's involvement in corrupt practices.
Kholodnytskyi also said that three indictments had been referred to the court as of March 1, including the case initiated against the judges, who were convicted in December, as well as the inquiry against the head of one of the state bodies, who was charged with embezzlement of funds in the amount of 14 million hryvnia. About five more cases will be referred to the court by the end of the week.
Asked about the progress of the investigation of cases initiated against MPs Ihor Kononenko, Serhii Pashynskyi, and Mykola Martynenko, Kholodnytskyi said that the inquiry was underway but no one had been served notice of suspicion under those proceedings so far.
Asked about his independence as a prosecutor, he said: "My stand is the following: do not barge in with my job, do not interfere. We are doing our job - full stop. I can say that no one has put pressure or made illegal requests regarding any given proceedings."
Related materials: National Anti-Corruption Bureau