It is worth noting that almost all of the following persons are directly connected with the Magnitsky case.
The following individuals have been added to the list:
- Alexei Anichin, former deputy interior minister of the Russian Federation, head of the Investigative Committee of Russia;
- Boris Kibis, Interior Ministry investigator for the Central Federal District;
- Pavel Lapshov, former head of the Interior Ministry Investigation Department;
- Oleg Urzhumtsev, Interior Ministry investigator;
- Yevgeny Antonov, the only one of the five persons who is not related to the case of the deceased lawyer.
Lawyer Sergei Magnitsky died in 2009 after 11 months in jail. He was arrested for tax evasion in 2008 right after he revealed an embezzlement scheme by Russian officials. His arrest and subsequent death caused an international outcry. The U.S. Congress adopted the Magnitsky Act banning certain Russian officials from entry into the U.S.