"A state of emergency is introduced in the territory of the Republic of Tunisia due to the increased level of terrorist threat since Nov. 24, 2015 for one month, which, in particular, provides an imposition of curfew restriction in the capital of Tunisia and its vicinity, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Considering the abovementioned, the Foreign Ministry calls on the citizens of Ukraine to adhere to the following instructions during their stay in Tunisia:
- One should exercise increased vigilance and caution as well as avoid visiting crowded areas, taking part in protests, demonstrations and other public events;
- One should always have ID and Tunisian visa and steadily fulfill the demands and instructions of local law enforcement agencies;
- One should not leave without need one's resort or other leisure area, which is under the protection and supervision of the security forces, avoid moving at night;
- Avoid, unless it is absolutely necessary, travelling to Tunisia and visit its regions of Ariana, Ben Arous, Kasserine, Le Kef, Medenine, Tataouine, Sidi Bouzid;
- When choosing travel offers give the preference over hotels located in the major tourist centers of the country (the cities of Hammamet, Sousse, Mahdia, Tabarka, Tozeur, Djerba, etc.)," the ministry said.