As reported by Censor.NET, it was announced by A sector press-officer Anatoii Proshyn on air of 112 Ukraine TV channel.
"A lot of work has been done, 2,500 explosive objects have been lifted and destroyed over the past day, while a territory of about 2 ha has been cleared. Overall, since the beginning of these activities, more than 22,000 explosive items have been lifted and destroyed, and a territory of more than 53 ha has been cleared," Proshyn said.
According to him, the first depot unit has been completely cleared. As for the other units, the explosives have been sorted, prepared for removal and destruction.
"Our engineers say all the explosives will be removed and destroyed in the near future should weather be favorable," the press officer said.
As previously reported, a fire occurred at the ammunition depot in Svatove (Luhansk region) at around 7:35 p.m., Oct. 29. There were about 3,500 tons of ammunition stored. The fire was extinguished as late as Nov. 5. As a result of the incident, 1,705 apartments and houses were damaged while 16 people were injured. Another four locals were killed. There are several versions as for the cause of the fire. One of them is a negligence of officials, another - a terrorist attack.