This was announced by Interior Minister Arsen Avakov on his Facebook page, Censor.NET reports.
According to the minister, the main goal of the police is to secure safety and security for people in every village and city of Ukraine. Secondary objective is to raise the people's trust to the police forces.
The goals will be reached through the following, as the minister explains:
- Making police closer to the people through involvement locally (44,000 of police officers). They shall be securing streets instead of working in offices.
- Development of service functions of the police.
- Increase in efficiency of cooperation and relations with citizens.
- Reaching high mobility and equipment of police officers.
- Optimization of costs, functions, and staff structure of the police force.
The new structure, according to Avakov, will be headed by Central Office of the National Police and Main Departments of the National Police in the regions. But the most important role in building communication between police and the people will be given to local police authorities.
Key elements of the territorial police authorities will be police stations, through which direct communication with citizens and the society will be conducted, Arsen Avakov explained.
Related materials: Ukraine's new police
Experts confirm policewoman bullied by thugs in Dnipro City was not under influence, - National Police. DOCUMENT in Ukrainian(0)
Kropyvnytskyi Court of Appeal acquits judge Halahan arrested for drunk driving, - volunteer Sinitsyn. PHOTOS(0)