"As of 9:30 a.m., Oct. 25, 2015, 10,642 territorial election commissions (TEC) and 29,264 precinct election commissions (PEC) started their work. 237 polling stations did not open," the statement reads.
As noted, 237 polling stations failed to open as of 09:30 a.m., namely:
1) Due to errors in ballots and TEC's refusal in their registration, 235 stations will not open in the Donetsk region in:
- Mariupol - 205 PECs;
- Krasnoarmiisk - 30 PECs.
2) Two PECs No. 590921 and No. 590922 did not open in Sumy (Zarichnyi district) through the lack of voting booths.
3) The work of four PECs has been suspended in:
- Siverodonetsk (Luhansk region) - PEC No. 441162 closed at 08:30 a.m. (observers revealed an unsealed ballot box);
- Reni (Odesa region) - PEC No. 510711 closed to recount ballots in connection with suspected damage of the seal on a safe;
- Odesa - PEC No. 511333 closed due to a missing voter list;
- Mena (Chernihiv region) - PEC No. 740413 (commission members failed to endorse ballot acceptance acts).
"In particular, on the polling day (from 8 a.m. on Oct. 25, 2015), law enforcement agencies received 23 reports of events related to the electoral process," the Interior Ministry added.