This was announced by Verkhovna Rada MP, national leader of Crimean Tatars Mustafa Dzhemilev to reporters on Oct. 6 in Kyiv, Censor.NET reports citing Krym.Realii.
In particular, answering the question of whether participants of blockade of Crimea intend to cut the peninsula off from electricity, Dzhemilev said: "I think this issue will be tackled before the end of the month."
"We expect that the presidential decree on repeal of the law on free economic zone will take effect and we will not have to block it ourselves, the state will do it," he added.
Earlier, Chairman of the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar people Refat Chubarov said that the "food" blockade could be followed by the "power" one.
At the moment, supply of electricity from Ukraine to Crimea is carried out on the basis of contracts concluded between Ukrainian and Russian energy suppliers in December 2014.
Tuesday, Oct. 6, deputy head of the Kherson police reported that a power pylon supplying power to the peninsula had been damaged.
Sept. 20, an unlimited action aiming to block the trucks heading from Ukraine to Crimea with products and goods was initiated by the leaders of Crimean Tatars.
Participants of the "civilian" blockade keep blocking trucks from entering the peninsula. Members of the Crimean Tatar national movement and representatives of volunteer battalions put up tent camps on the administrative border in the Kherson region, saying they will not allow resumption of supplies to the occupied territory. Crimean authorities and Russia have condemned these actions.
The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine officially announced Feb. 20, 2014 the beginning of the temporary occupation of Crimea. Western countries also do not recognize the annexation of Crimea. Russia denies the occupation of the peninsula, calling it a "restoration of historical justice."