This was stated by Lutsk city council deputy Pavlo Danylchuk, Censor.NET reports citing LigaBusinessInform.
As reported by Automaidan activist Oleksii Kushner in an interview with 24 TV channel, no people were injured or killed in the collision - only several burned cars and cut tires. "Some people got light cuts and bruises. No injuries were gunshot, the doctors are on duty, they immediately provided assistance to those in need... Law enforcement officers used firearms, but only to fire warning shots into the air. The diggers also used weapons, not necessarily firearms, though several shots were heard from their direction," the activist stated.
The shooting, he said, started after someone put out a rumor that law enforcers had already gone out from the woods and the diggers could proceed with illegal mining. "A lot of people came as a result (up to 2,000 diggers, almost no locals, and the conflict occurred between the newcomers and locals). The locals even started to help the police to drive out those who had come," Kushner said.
As of the evening Sept. 28, an operation had been conducted, all diggers had been expelled from the area. "They moved out in a column, some 300-400 people - it was an impressive act. Now everything is calm, they have been driven out from the woods."
Volyn region police department confirmed there were no casualties and reported several detainees involved in illegal amber mining. "Currently, about 100 diggers have been taken to the police department. The police is checking vehicles at checkpoints. In the course of the operation firearms were used to fire warning shots into the air. No one was killed or injured," regional police press secretary Hanna Pavlovska stated.