Censor.NET reports citing the presidential press-office.
"Minsk process, which was launched on Sept. 5 last year, was greatly affected by fake elections of Nov. 2 last year, and I want to stress the great danger posed by the decision to hold fake elections on Oct. 18 and Nov. 1," Petro Poroshenko said at the meeting with members of the Political and Security Committee of the EU.
Read more: "DPR" leader Zakharchenko announced fake elections on Oct. 18
"This adventurous and irresponsible decision requires our clear and coordinated response to the threat to the Minsk agreements in the form of continuation and expansion of sanctions, organization of decisive strides that will allow us to strengthen the defense of not only Ukraine but the whole European Union, because now there is a war not only for sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine, but also for freedom, democracy and European values," the head of state emphasized.
The president informed on the NSDC decision of Sept. 2 to broaden the list of entities and individuals of Russia and other countries, against which Ukraine imposes economic sanctions and restrictive measures.
Read more: NSDC Secretary Turchynov: Elections in Donbas will take place only after Russian forces withdraw
"This decision on broadening of sanctions is taking place in close coordination with our partners from the EU, USA and other countries that ensure proper reaction to the annexation of Crimea and aggression in Donbas," Petro Poroshenko noted.
The president said that those restrictive measures are related to over 400 individuals and over 90 entities that are responsible for criminal activities against our country.
Related materials: Sanctions against Russia