EN|RU|UK
 Society, Incidents
  6369

 Military prosecutor does not believe in possibility of exchange of Ukrainian citizens for Russian commandoes: "Russian Federation is insincere"

The statement of the Russian side about possibility of exchange of the illegally held and convicted citizens of Ukraine Nadiya Savchenko, Oleh Sentsov, and Oleksandr Kolchenko for captured operatives of the Main Intelligence Directorate of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation (GRU) Alexander Aleksandrov and Yevgeny Yerofeyev "is not sincere."

Chief Military Prosecutor of Ukraine Anatolii Matios stated, Censor.NET reports citing Interfax-Ukraine.

"The Russian Federation is insincere. Once their servicemen - citizens of the Russian Federation - testify in court, Russia will give them up as it previously repeatedly did, for example in the case with their paratroopers. They will defame them and will be determined to exchange no one," Matios told journalists in Kyiv on Thursday during a press availability.

Read more: Nadiya Savchenko first planned to be tried and then exchanged, - lawyer commented on Russia's Justice Ministry statement

Chief military prosecutor also stated that the arrested Russian military will be subjects to pre-trial procedure, judicial inquiry; they will be convicted by the Ukrainian courts and will serve their sentences in accordance with the decisions of these courts.

He admitted that only after that the exchange would probably be discussed.

"The interstate exchange may take place - it is possible hypothetically, but it will not be actually committed - only after that (the court's decision - Ed.)," Matios said.

Read more: Russian Justice Ministry admits possibility of Savchenko exchange, - Russian media
Источник: https://en.censor.net.ua/n350413
 
 
 
 up