Dutch National Public Prosecutor's Office spokesperson Wim de Bruin told Interfax on Wednesday, Censor.NET reports.
De Bruin said an international group of investigators had been making daily progress in the investigation.
Boeing 777 of Malaysia Airlines on an MH17 flight from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur crashed near the village of Hrabove, not far from the town of Torez, eastern Donetsk region, in the armed conflict zone in eastern Ukraine, on July 17, 2014. All 283 passengers and 15 crew members on board were killed.
The Netherlands has led two parallel investigations into the MH17 crash. One of these has been conducted under the auspices of the Dutch Safety Board and is aimed at uncovering the technical causes of the crash. Taking part in this investigation are representatives from Australia, Malaysia, the Netherlands, Russia, the United Kingdom and the United States, and its results are expected in October 2015.
At the same time, the Dutch National Public Prosecutor's Office is conducting a criminal probe into the disaster aimed at identifying those responsible for it. Taking part in this investigation are officials from Australia, Belgium, Malaysia, the Netherlands and Ukraine. No Russian investigators are involved in the process.
Related materials: Russian terrorists downed MH17
Poroshenko paid tribute to MH17 victims: "A daring crime that would not have happened, if not for Russia's aggression"(0)