Informnapalm.org team continues to collect within its OSINT-intelligence undeniable facts of direct involvement of the Russian Army in the undeclared war against Ukraine, Censor.NET reports.
Thanks to information and photos we got through study and analysis of the profile of a possible figurant of the Hague tribunal, soldier of artillery unit of the 17th SMRBr (Separate Motorized Rifle Brigade) Sgt. Konstantin Pashinin (vkontakte ID 218715797, archive https://archive.is/D2w92), we managed to track "combat" path of this artillery serviceman starting from the departure for "military exercises" in the Volgograd and Astrakhan regions of Russia in early summer of 2014 (where Russian units have unit and combat training) to leaving for the Rostov region of Russia and then to the Ukrainian Donbas.
Russian soldiers usually dress up as "Novorossiya" militants (hazing appearance and white identification patches) and disguise their equipment as if it was purchased in local 'military stores' during their "Rostov-Ukrainian trips." Along with these 'tricks', exact geographical location of the artillery unit from Chechnya in the Donbas has been identified. In particular, it was found that as of early fall 2014, self-propelled artillery machines MSTA-S of the 17th motorized brigade were located in the windy field of the Novoazov wind power station. Please see in details:
Despite the fact the photos in the albums of Sgt. Pashinin are scattered, (https://vk.com/id218715797?z=albums218715797, archive https://archive.is/pzKNX), investigators managed to set the chronology of "Rostov-Ukraine missions" and other important details thanks to them and videos from Youtube:
- early summer 2014. In June, the artillery unit of the 17th SMRBr is seen in the Volgograd and Astrakhan regions of Russia on military exercise at Prudboy and Ashuluk firing fields;
- by July 30, 2014, self-propelled artillery machines "MSTA-S" of this brigade are seen being towed in Rostov-on-Don (see a screenshot from the video
- the same day the same "MSTA-S" machines are seen on tracks on Taganrog highway, Russia (see a screenshot of the video
Note: to make sure these machines in fact belong to the 17th SMRBr, one can compare the camouflage on these videos with that on the photos from VKontakte albums of Sgt. Konstantin Pashinin. They are identical. Also, one can see that the numbers of one of the machines are painted over with green and yellow. It is noteworthy that in the photo from his photo album one can see a machine with the number 524, where the figures 52 are on the green background, and the figure 4 is on the yellow one.
- Sept. 4, 2014. A SAU with the identical camouflage is seen in Novoazovsk, Ukraine (see a TV story by AlJazeera titled "Ukraine rebels advance towards Mariupol
"). The numbers on the vehicle are painted over with light color. Here we have two options - this is not the 524 vehicle, or it is painted over again to hide the truth.
Note: analyzing this video, one can find some important details. They are the small white flags tied to the machines antennas (time mark 0.12-0.20 min), which are seen on Sgt. Konstantin Pashinin's photos, and white identification circles on transportation trucks cabins (see video on gasoline tanker "Ural", time mark 0.10 min).
- eventually, Sept. 24, 2014, the future "hero" of the Hague tribunal, Sgt. Konstantin Pashinin uploaded photos of his artillery machine "MSTA-S" in the windy field of Novoazov wind power station to his VKontakte page. The photos were presumably taken at the end of August - beginning of September.
Among the contacts of Sgt. Konstantin Pashinin, (archive https://archive.is/gC0zH) one can find other artillery soldiers of the 17th SMRBr who took part in the "Rostov-Ukraine mission". For example, some Pavel Kravchenko (VKontakte ID 252322040, archive https://archive.is/1BHZk). Despite his modest photo album, we managed to find some photos of the kind - BBQ on empty artillery shells and "Medal of Valor" which the Russian Ministry of Defense is generously giving away to the Donbas war veterans.
As reported, units of the 17th SMRBr from Chechnya have been seen in Ukraine before. Please see the links :
- the 17th SMRBr of the Southern Military District of Russia in Ukraine (in English)
- "The tankman" - Russian officer of the 17th SMRBr takes part in combat in the Donbas (in English)
- "Inglorious Bastards": monument to the soldiers of the 17th SMRBr in Shali, Chechnya, Russia (in Russian)
- Photo evidence - the 17th SMRBr in the Donbas, summer 2014 (in English)
- The officer of the 17th SMRBr awarded The Order of Courage for war in the Donbas.