"Their [the Russian GRU officers'] indictments will be certainly submitted to the court and they will also be served notice of suspicion of participation in initiation of aggressive war and military conflict and charged under Article 437," Matios said, Censor.NET reports citing Channel 5.
Advisor to the Chairman of the Security Service of Ukraine Yurii Tandit reported earlier that one of the Articles, which the captive GRU operatives Alexander Aleksandrov and Yevgeny Yerofeyev will be charged under, would be participation in terrorist activities.
In addition, Tandit informed that the trial of the detained Russian commandos Alexander Aleksandrov and Yevgeny Erofeev will begin yet in September.
It should be reminded that the two operatives of the Main Intelligence Directorate of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation were captured May 16, 2015 committing the assault on the Ukrainian troops' positions near the town of Shchastia in the Luhansk region. The Russian military were injured then and taken to the military hospital in Kyiv.
Then-SBU Head Valentyn Nalyvaichenko later said that the captive commandos would be prosecuted for involvement in terrorist activities of the so-called "LPR".