First Deputy Prosecutor General Yurii Sevruk said at a briefing in Kyiv on Wednesday, Censor.NET reports citing Interfax-Ukraine.
"This proof was voiced by a lawyer today. There is information from our mobile operators that, when the journalists were killed, Nadiya Savchenko had already been apprehended, and the telephone operators worked on a territory controlled by the militants," he said.
Ukrainian Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin announced on Tuesday that a decision had been made to officially notify a number of individuals of being suspected of having committed crimes against Savchenko, who is a Ukrainian parliamentarian and a delegate to the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE).
Savchenko has been held in custody in Russia since July 2014 on charges of complicity in the killing of Russian journalists Igor Kornelyuk and Anton Voloshin in the Luhansk region. She has never admitted her guilt.
The Russian Prosecutor General's Office had reported on July 13 that it had endorsed an indictment against Savchenko and forwarded the criminal case to the Donetsk City Court in the Rostov region.
The first hearing of the Savchenko case will be held behind closed doors in Donetsk, the Rostov region of Russia, on July 30.